When it’s time to book a hotel, what do you look for? A hotel’s amenities are those little extras that make your stay much more enjoyable. When you book a hotel, it’s not just about finding a place to sleep. It’s about providing yourself with a getaway, complete with the features that’ll make your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.
Here are some of the most requested hotel amenities you may want to consider before you book your room. After all, finding out a hotel doesn’t include one of your favorite features could put a gloom over your whole stay.
If you’re planning to drive your own car or a rental, then parking is a serious consideration. Many hotels offer free parking as an amenity for staying in their accommodations. However, others require guests to pay a nightly rate to self-park or for valet services. Not only do you pay to have professionals park your car for you, but it’s also customary to provide a tip. Even if a hotel does offer free parking in a garage, be sure you have full access to your car all day. Some garages shut down at night, leaving you to find an alternative spot.
If you’re planning to be out and about, this may not be at the top of your priorities list. However, it’s always nice to know what kind of in-room amenities your hotel includes. Here are some essential hotel amenities within your room:
- Planning to grab some groceries? A room fridge makes for a great addition.
- When you know there will be downtime in your room, it’s nice to know that an HD TV is there for your entertainment.
- Got some business to take care of? You’ll probably need access to WiFi.
- And if you don’t want to bring your own hairdryer, make sure your hotel has you covered.
- Planning to dress up? Hope your clothes didn’t get wrinkled. Otherwise, you’ll need an in-room iron.
- There’s not a lot of grace for those of us with allergies. But some hotels do provide hypoallergenic bedding.
All this and more are little extras to make your stay more enjoyable.
Who wants to wander around a strange city looking for something to eat early in the morning? Many hotels have an in-house restaurant that serves breakfast every day.
If you’re not keen on finding a place yourself, then see if your hotel has a place where you can enjoy the most important meal of the day.
Bar or Lounge
Once you’re back from exploring the city, it’s nice to unwind at your hotel’s bar. If that’s a priority for you, ensure that your hotel has a bar or lounge before booking your stay.
Just because you’re on a trip doesn’t mean you should break your workout routine. If your hotel has a fitness center for guests, then you can enjoy the exercises that keep you looking and feeling great.